Our staff participates in numerous charity-sponsored walks, runs, and bike events, and our company’s Community Service Committee sponsors events and charitable fundraisers throughout the year. Some of the committee’s initiatives include:
- Quarterly blood drives at CDPHP
- Campaigns to support our military troops, including a company-wide donation drive and volunteer participation in a “pack-up” day hosted by Operation Adopt a Soldier
- Monthly meal preparation for the families staying at the Ronald McDonald House
- A holiday gift program for families living in poverty
- Various hands-on community service projects, such as our back-to-school drive
- Support for organizations involved with disease prevention and treatment
- Fundraising for multiple charities via bottle returns, book sales, and other activities that change from year to year
In 2015, the committee’s efforts netted $2,357, which was distributed equally – at the direction of committee members – to the Addictions Care Center of Albany, Alzheimer’s Association – Northeastern New York Chapter, National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, and St. Catherine’s Center for Children.
Community Service Committee Mission Statement
The Community Service Committee provides CDPHP employees with the opportunity to participate in a broad continuum of volunteer and fundraising activities that meet the needs and values of our company and community. Together, we enable our staff members and CDPHP to contribute to the greater good, while promoting empathy, independence, resiliency, and humility for all involved. Ultimately, we strive to make a positive difference in the lives of others.