Expansion of Covered Women’s Preventive Health Services
As part of the Affordable Care Act, the list of women’s preventive health services offered at no cost-share was expanded.
CDPHP provides additional preventive services, including FDA-approved contraceptive methods (female only), breast pumps and breastfeeding equipment, and domestic violence screenings and counseling at no cost-share to our members.
In addition, CDPHP covers the following services:
- well-woman visits
- screening for gestational diabetes
- human papillomavirus (HPV) testing for women (30 years+)
- sexually transmitted infection counseling
- HIV screening and counseling
- contraceptive counseling
- breastfeeding support and counseling
The mandate does not affect members covered by Medicaid, Child Health Plus, and Medicare. Groups that are grandfathered without preventive care are not adopting this mandate.