Case management services enhance the quality and coordination of the care you provide to CDPHP members.
Case management is available at no additional cost to members. In addition to being available via telephone at 1-888-94-CDPHP, CDPHP has case managers onsite in select primary care physician offices and community venues throughout the area. Tasks that case managers can help with include:
- Patient education regarding medications, nutrition, and symptom control
- Linking the member with physicians and other members of your medical team
- Referrals to community support groups, government programs, and caregiver resources
- Help obtaining prescribed medications and transportation to medical visits
When is Case Management Appropriate?
Our case management department offers support and education for members dealing with chronic conditions and health problems. Our staff members are registered nurses and medical social workers.
Here are just a few of the things case management can help with:
- Chronic problems related to aging
- Heart conditions
- Lung disease
- HIV AIDS
- High-risk pregnancies
Physicians are urged to call 1-888-94-CDPHP during regular business hours to request case management for a member. Please leave us a message with patient name, date of birth, CDPHP ID number, and a brief explanation for the referral. We will take it from there and contact your patient to explain our program and services.